ANC reiterates opposition to SABC censorship
Updated | By JacarandaFM News
The ANC has reiterated its opposition to any form of censorship at the SABC.

The ruling party has given feedback on the meeting of its National Working Committee.
Last week, the party's sub-committee on communications condemned the SABC's decision to ban footage of destruction of property, describing it as censorship.
The ANC Secretary-General Gwede Mantashe said the party's media charter doesn't in any way condone censorship or prevention of freedom of speech.
"Dissemination of information is important. An ignorant society cannot be a democratic society. A society that has information is empowered to take decisions that are based on information," Mantashe said.
Mantashe also confirmed that Communications Minister Faith Muthambi did not attend Monday's sub-committee on communications meeting, but denied reports that she defied the party.
"She's a member of that committee. There was a meeting of that committee yesterday and every member was expected to be there and if any member does not turn up, it is not defiance."
Show's Stories
-
SA influencers face audits as SARS targets undeclared income and brand perks
South Africa's tax authority is focusing on influencers and their undecl...
The Drive with Rob & Roz 1 day, 15 hours ago -
LISTEN: Mom shares horrific story of injury caused by child
Accidents happen, and unfortunately, they are unavoidable.
The Drive with Rob & Roz 1 day, 16 hours ago