Man in critical condition after Menlyn shootout
Updated | By Staff Writer

An Algerian man was shot four times by another man, also originally from Algeria, at the Parrot's restaurant in Menlyn Shopping Centre on Monday. The scene, was one of bloodied towels lying on the floor, where a make-shift medical treatment area had been cordoned off.
Warrant Officer Annabel Middleton said that the victim appeared to be having a business meeting with a lady, when another man approached him from behind and "fired four shots into him". Middleton said that the motive seemed to be a business deal that went wrong.
As curious shoppers passed the scene, Middleton said that the victim was in a very critical condition and had been transported to the Steve Biko Hospital. The firearm used, was unlicensed and a case of attempted murder had been opened.
The suspect was arrested after a member of the public saw the incident take place, followed the suspect and alerted the centre's security.
Show's Stories
-
SA influencers face audits as SARS targets undeclared income and brand perks
South Africa's tax authority is focusing on influencers and their undecl...
The Drive with Rob & Roz 1 day, 8 hours ago -
LISTEN: Mom shares horrific story of injury caused by child
Accidents happen, and unfortunately, they are unavoidable.
The Drive with Rob & Roz 1 day, 9 hours ago