Wow, can you believe how the year has flown
– it’s almost Easter. Don’t believe me?
Just look at the endless rows of Easter eggs and hot cross buns in your local
Wow, can you believe how the year has flown – it’s almost Easter. Don’t believe me? Just look at the endless rows of Easter eggs and hot cross buns in your local supermarket.
Angela Saville, sent in a simple, yet different way to enjoy fish (with a little twist).
Curried Fish Soup
1 can (425g) Lucky Star Middle cut
Oil for frying
1 onion sliced
1 celery finely sliced
1 carrot peeled and sliced
1-2 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tsp (10ml) curry powder
½ tsp (3ml) turmeric powder
½ tsp (3ml) ground ginger
1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
4 cups (1L) fish stock or water
Salt and milled pepper
• Drain fish and reserve liquid. Break fish into chunks and discard bones.
• Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and garlic.
• Stir in curry powder, turmeric and ginger.
• Add tomatoes, reserved liquid and stock (or water).
• Season, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
• Add fish and heat through before serving.
Do you have a family favourite? Share them with us and we will feature them. Email [email protected] or comment below with your recipe.
This TikTok life hack is about to make your life so much easier.The Drive with Rob & Roz 11 hours ago
The iceberg, which is three times the size of New York City, is on the m...The Drive with Rob & Roz 12 hours ago