Wow, can you believe how the year has flown
– it’s almost Easter. Don’t believe me?
Just look at the endless rows of Easter eggs and hot cross buns in your local
Wow, can you believe how the year has flown – it’s almost Easter. Don’t believe me? Just look at the endless rows of Easter eggs and hot cross buns in your local supermarket.
Angela Saville, sent in a simple, yet different way to enjoy fish (with a little twist).
Curried Fish Soup
1 can (425g) Lucky Star Middle cut
Oil for frying
1 onion sliced
1 celery finely sliced
1 carrot peeled and sliced
1-2 potatoes peeled and cut into cubes
2 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tsp (10ml) curry powder
½ tsp (3ml) turmeric powder
½ tsp (3ml) ground ginger
1 can (410g) chopped tomatoes
4 cups (1L) fish stock or water
Salt and milled pepper
• Drain fish and reserve liquid. Break fish into chunks and discard bones.
• Heat a little oil in a saucepan and fry onion, celery, carrot, potatoes and garlic.
• Stir in curry powder, turmeric and ginger.
• Add tomatoes, reserved liquid and stock (or water).
• Season, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
• Add fish and heat through before serving.
Do you have a family favourite? Share them with us and we will feature them. Email [email protected] or comment below with your recipe.
The Scenic Drive team revisited some of the most remarkable stories of 2...The Scenic Drive with Rian 36 minutes ago
Australian actress Rebel Wilson revealed that she was once kidnapped at ...The Scenic Drive with Rian 2 hours ago