#COVID19inSA: Death toll rises to 11

#COVID19inSA: Death toll rises to 11

The number of people who have lost their lives in South Africa due to the coronavirus, has increased to 11.

Govt will publish names of coronavirus patients if needed, says Mkhize
GCIS

The health ministry says 56 873 South Africans have so far been tested for COVID-19 - 1655 have tested positive.

 

The ministry says this is an increase of 70 confirmed cases from the previous report.

 

In a statement released on Sunday evening, Health Minister, Zweli Mkhize, says two more COVID-19 deaths were reported.

 

The first deceased is an 82-year-old woman and the other an 86-year-old man.

 

The 82-year-old was admitted to hospital on the 29th of March with a fever, shortness of breath, body pains, dry cough and a sore throat.

 

Mkhize explains the older woman also had comorbidities that included hypertension, diabetes and cholesterol.

 

The 86-year-old man was admitted to the hospital on the 26th March with a diagnosis of bronchopneumonia and respiratory distress.

 

Mkhize says the man had an underlying condition of chronic obstructive airway disease (COAD).

 

"We convey our condolences to the family of the deceased and thank the health workers who were treating these deceased patients," says the minister.

 

READ THE FULL REPORT BELOW:

Show's Stories