The bail application of former Mpumalanga MEC for Agriculture
Mandla Msibi was abruptly adjourned following a bomb
threat at the Nelspruit Magistrate’s Court
The bail application of former Mpumalanga MEC for Agriculture Mandla Msibi was abruptly adjourned following a bomb threat at the Nelspruit Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday.
“The matter did not proceed. The trial only sat for only about 10 minutes today, after that the magistrate got a message that there is a bomb threat, then we had to evacuate the building,” says spokesperson for the National Prosecuting Authority in Mpumalanga Monica Nyuswa.
Msibi was arrested earlier this week on two counts of murder and one of attempted murder.
Nyuswa says the matter is set to continue on Thursday.
Msibi was on Wednesday sacked from provincial cabinet.
“The decision to release MEC Msibi has been taken in consideration of the seriousness of the charges he is facing, as well as the impact that same will have on his work as an Executive Authority in government. After all, it is to be expected that he should dedicate a fair amount of time to the case he is facing,” Mpumalanga Premier Refilwe Mtshweni-Tsipane said.
Ná ’n merkwaardige en dinamiese loopbaan in die TV- en radiojoernalistie...The Scenic Drive with Rian 12 hours ago
Two of the most award-winning women will sit down together for a tell-al...The Scenic Drive with Rian 14 hours ago