Candy marijuana is sending kids to ER

'Candy' marijuana is sending kids to ER

Although the use of marijuana has been legalised for either recreational or medical use in 24 states and the District of Columbia, kids are now being exposed to it in the form of cookies... and its hurting their health.


Children in America are being sent to Emergency Rooms after being exposed to edible marijuana in the form of candy and cookies, Today reported. According to the publication, children are being exposed to edible marijuana everywhere, including the park and schools. Recently in Michigan, two children were sent to the ER and in Oregon an 8-year-old boy was hospitalised after eating a marijuana cookie at a park.

"This is extremely dangerous. When young children get ahold of these products, they can have severe reactions, including nausea, vomiting, disorientation, anxiety-like reactions and even psychotic reactions that can make them do things they wouldn't normally do," Dr. Robert Glatter from New York City's Lenox Hill Hospital told Today.

In 2015, poison control facilities across the state reportedly found that 4,000 children were exposed to marijuana.

In South Africa, marijuana abuse among teenagers ranges anywhere from two to nine percent, harmonygroup reported.

Show's Stories