In January 2021, restaurants in South Africa protested against the ban on the sale of alcohol and calling for the curfew to the lifted. Due to the curfew and the ban on the sale of alcohol – thousands of restaurants were struggling with financial strain. Although certain restrictions have been lifted, the industry remains strained. Rian van Heerden and the Scenic Drive team came up with a plan to support local restaurants to keep their doors open and introduced the Scenic Special. Check out Scenic Specials in your area below and listen to the Scenic Drive Monday – Friday 16h00 – 19h00 for more updates. Stream JacarandaFM at www.jacarandafm.com
The Scenic Special
Is your restaurant struggling during the lockdown? Are you on the verge of closure? We want to help you out by featuring your restaurant on our show with your Scenic Special.
Here’s what you do:
- Create a special at your restaurant featuring your most-loved dish.
- Call it the ‘Scenic Special, and run it for the next few weeks on a Wednesday.
- The special must be valid on a Wednesday and only one special can be featured.
- Take a great picture and create an image for promotion.
- Upload your picture, along with your details and your story below.
- You are welcome to use the words “Scenic Special” in your image. No use of the Jacaranda FM logo without express and prior consent will be permitted.
- Share your special on social media using #ScenicSpecial
A baby disappears from a farm in the Northern Cape. Two people are found...The Scenic Drive with Rian 46 minutes ago
A naked man was spotted on the N1 in Midrand on Tuesday afternoon.The Scenic Drive with Rian 50 minutes ago